Sunday, March 1, 2015

Five Things About Writing - Part 4

I suffered a near-death event at age 9 when the worst possible nightmare happened. I don't know if it was an accidental bump or a purposed push by one of my playmates, but I fell off a second story porch railing while attempting a Superman stunt. I hit the ground with my left arm and shattered many bones. I spent weeks in the hospital, with multiple surgeries, and months of therapy to regain use of the arm. But that event was the genesis of my book Patch Town.

What if someone who hurt you deeply (real or perceived) in the past came forward after many years and asked you for forgiveness __ what would you do?

Proceed through that thinking process and consider the question. You may realize you have a short story or a novel simmering in the background of your mind. I know it worked for me ... hope it works for you, as well.

Robert Parlante
March 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment