Sunday, February 14, 2016

Quarters From Heaven!



A year ago I posted a blog titled “Pennies From Heaven” which recounted my experience with pennies while attending a YMCA gym. Almost every week I typically would find loose pennies on the floor or inside a locker. Every time I encounter a stray penny I picked it up and dropped it into my gym bag. When I get enough loose coins spilling around in the bag, I retrieve them and transfer them to my coin jar.
These days, lost pennies seemed to have been trivialized as being almost worthless. I assume that is why there are so many loose pennies in the gym locker room. It seem like people will not even stoop over to pick up a penny they may have dropped. It’s simply a waste of time and energy.


 In last year’s blog post, those two coins made me think about the Scripture passage “Do not despise these small beginnings” from Zechariah 4:10. That verse reminds us when life seems like small steps or meager beginnings, if the Lord is in the effort and your work, He nevertheless rejoices even though we may not see progress or the end result.

This past week I learned a lesson at the YMCA again about God’s multiplication of blessings. As I got out of my car in the gym parking lot I looked down and saw a shiny new quarter. Minutes later, when I opened my locker there was another quarter! My first reaction was it pays to pick of pennies. Be faithful with little things and the Lord rewards us with bigger things.

I thought of another song “Great Is His Faithfulness.”

Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed your hand has provided.
A quarter is not exactly a bonanza of wealth, but it still felt assuring viewed through eyes of faith. Remember in the view of God, nothing is trivial. Look for His hand at work within our lives in the smallest of moments.

Robert Parlante
February 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment