Wednesday, August 10, 2016

They Are Not Real People!

Today we return to Psalm 37 for our final word of encouragement found in its uplifting words. Verse 7a reads: Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him.

I don’t know anyone who can honestly say they know how to be still and patient and wait for the Lord to intervene in their pressing issues. The political environment we are presently experiencing agitates me and has me talking to the television at times. Being still and patient are the last things on my mind while watching the political drama unfold before my eyes.

 My wife and I have been binge watching the TV series “Madam Secretary” on Netflix. The stories are riveting and the characters are realistic. Last night while watching an episode, we found ourselves both yelling at our least favorite character in the series.

In a moment of revelation, I turned to my wife and said, “What are we doing? They are not real people!”

How can I be still and patient when I can’t adequately separate reality from fiction?

Galatians 5:22 reads: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness. If you are a believer you are equipped with the fruit of the Spirit.
Need to be stillNeed patience … then dig deep within yourself because you are already equipped to deal with life’s challenges. Ask the Lord to strengthen you.

Robert Parlante
August 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment