Saturday, July 9, 2016

Some Plant, Some Water, Some Reap


In 1991 my wife and I joined a mission trip to the city of Krasnoyarsk Russia located in eastern Siberia to minister to school children. The team distributed the Book of Life which was an easy-to-read version of the Gospel of John, as well as medical supplies.

I still recall the warm and enthusiastic reception the various teams received ministering in the schools which ranged from lower grades to college.

Now jump ahead a few decades. I recently received a call from a minster friend who led the teams going to Krasnoyarsk. He was on a layover at the Charlotte Douglas Airport and decided to “catch up” with me and my family. At the close of our phone call, he then told me how he had preached recently at a Messianic congregation where he had shared about the trip to Krasnoyarsk in 1991. After his sermon a woman in her 30s-40s came forward and shared with him her journey to salvation.

She recalled a group of missionaries coming to the Siberian city to distribute the Book of Life. The missionary team came to her specific school and gave  her a copy of the Book of Life. After we had long gone, the young girl read the Gospel of John and told my friend how it set her on a path to salvation. (I do not know if the attached photo includes the woman in question. But I would like to believe it does!)

It brought to mind Paul’s words in 1 Corinthians 3:6 – I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow.


This was a reminder to continue planting seeds,
watering with discipleship, encouragement and friendship,
and most important, trusting God to make it grow!


Robert Parlante
July 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment