Friday, October 24, 2014

Author Interview with Christian Book Distributors

Just posted my author interview with Christian Book Distributors (cbd.com). Check out the latest on Patch Town: A Letter from Miss Wingate.

Tell us a little about yourself:
I am married to Angela and we have three children and nine grandkids. I was born at home in a coal mining community located in the anthracite region of Pennsylvania. I crafted my first short story when I was 13 years old ,and I have never since put down my pen ... well today it would be my laptop. I was a food researcher, technical writer, a manufacturing site manager, a director of external affairs for a major corporation but the most satisfying vocation of my life was being a minister.

What was your motivation behind this project?
I concluded after years of pastoral care ministry that many problems faced by people are rooted in unresolved anger and lack of forgiveness. I speculated what if someone from the past came forward years later and asked for forgiveness. What would I do? That question was the genesis of my book Patch Town.

What do you hope folks will gain from this project?
I pray readers will experience God's grace and mercy as they experience forgiveness when they reach out to those who may have hurt them.

How were you personally impacted by working on this project?
I realized I had harbored past hurts and anger that interfered with my spiritual well-being and growth.

Who are your influences, sources of inspiration or favorite authors/artists?
My favorite author is Robert Whitlow. I also enjoy some books written by Nicholas Sparks, and I like the writing style of Jan Karon.

Anything else you'd like readers/listeners to know:
I named characters in my book and its future derivatives after my nine grandkids. I warned them though. The characters are not them, and do not have the physical appearance or personality. I just thought it was a fun thing to do. Hope they are not disappointed. I made sure I did not name any villains after them!

Robert Parlante
October 24, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment